Thursday, November 7, 2013

What I'm reading, listening to, etc.

Some articles, quotes, podcasts, youtube clips that I've been reading/listening to of late - some I may have linked to in recent posts, other not.

Articles, Blog Posts, etc.:
I'm Wrong Most All of the Time -James Altucher
Escape from the Zombie Food Court - Joe Bageant
The startling amount that children can learn from play - Peter Gray
How to Democratize the US Economy - Gar Alperovitz @ The Nation
Anyone can learn to be a polymath – Robert Twigger – Aeon
(See also book, "Shop Craft as Soulcraft" - interesting to read together)

In most of our human relationships, we spend much of our time reassuring one another that our costumes of identity are on straight. ~ Ram Dass
“If I knew what the meanings of my books were, I wouldn’t have bothered to write them.” —Margaret Drabble 
Podcasts, Video's, etc.:
Dan Pink's "Office Hours" interviews with Diane Ravitch, Malcolm Gladwell, and Paul Tough
The Veil of Thoughts - Alan Watts
Lecture to IBM Engineers - Alan Watts
Do Schools Kill Creativity? - Sir Ken Robinson
TEDx MidAtlantic - John Forte
   

No comments: